Hydrant is in search of an experienced Full Stack Developer who leads the successful delivery of digital projects and acts as the coding expert for the Hydrant team. This person will make coding decisions and articulate the rationale behind them, work with teammates to ensure priorities are aligned with business needs and expectations and will split time between hands-on development and supporting junior developers.
In your day-to-day you will:
- Collaborate with your project team to evaluate a project holistically, identify next steps and deliver the individual features that make up the project deliverable
- Take on various development-related tasks, to support different processes and needs on your project teams
- Objectively explain and represent your contributions and deliverables to your team and client
- Clearly communicate with your project team to make sure they have full context of your work and that you have the same of theirs, jumping in on other tasks as needed
- Collaborate directly every day with designers, developers, strategists, and clients
You are an ambitious developer
You don’t believe in resting on your laurels and easily tackle situations of ambiguity to figure out how to keep yourself and your work moving forward.
You are a collaborative project contributor
You work together with your project team to understand, act, and deliver on next steps translated from product and client needs.
You are an adaptive contributor
You’re eager to jump in on tasks to support your team as needed, with no ego or complaints.
You are a student of business and development practices
You want to constantly improve client service, business, and software development practices in yourself and your team.
- Ideal candidates will also enjoy supporting other projects that our agency engages in, including Shopify development and/or WordPress development.
- Experience with development operations and server environments is a plus
- 3+ years of full-stack development experience (ideally w/experience in a client services or agency environment)
- Proficiency w/OOPLs (preferably Ruby and/or Ruby on Rails) and front end (HTML/CSS)
- (Preferred) Demonstrated practice w/test-driven/behavior-driven software development
- Strong communication, client services, and interpersonal skills
- Fierce passion about collaboration and the way you develop
- Understanding of integrated development practices and experience directly collaborating with design teams
- Health benefits with employer contribution
- Paid Time Off
- Competitive Pay and opportunity to grow your career as Hydrant grows
Our mission is to enable our partners to achieve growth and realize purpose. We believe the world deserves meaningful experiences.
Founded in 2014 as a software development company, Hydrant has evolved into a full experience studio. We create brands, marketing & communications, and technology through remarkable strategy and design.
Hydrant has a strong commitment to work-life balance and creating an invigorating, supportive work environment.
Hydrant is an equal opportunity employer.