This is an opportunity for an experienced developer to be a part of a highly creative team in downtown Tucson.
Who you are
- You are fluent in Ruby or another OOPL and have worked with it in a professional context before.
- You’ve got prior experience with WordPress, or are excited to learn and explore the new platform.
- You are working to build a core skillset to address unusual and complex problems that deal with the intersection of technology, business, and content production.
- You feel comfortable at a Unix command line, even if you aren’t an expert.
- You must know your way around git and understand version control well, and be able to carry out typical operations with it, including branching, merging, submitting code for peer review, and reviewing your peers’ code yourself.
- You have knowledge and/or experience with project planning.
- You have very strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to wield them with both team members and clients.
- You’re ready to practice important “soft skills” at Hydrant including: discipline concerning delivery dates, stylistic appreciation of what makes code good and readable, and a positive attitude about documentation and time tracking.
- You’re a great communicator.
- You’re focused and self-motivated.
- You’re ready to learn in a collaborative & fast-paced environment.
- You are available to work full time. Salary DOE.
What you’ll do
- Use full-stack methodology to develop in Ruby on Rails and other object-oriented programming languages (OOPL) to create solutions for client challenges.
- Plan and design web applications solutions.
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of applications.
- Maintain code base integrity and organization.
- Have a high understanding of security and data protection.
- Develop testing suites and code-review processes to check your own work and the work of others as it affects your projects to ensure that the highest quality finished product is being delivered to the client.
- Anticipate client and team needs and project risks, participate in driving resolutions with project profitability, deliverables, and timeline in mind.
- Self-manage tasks, expectations, and deadlines; independently seek out answers and own project responsibilities.
- Maintain an active learning mindset for solution-based work products outside of core responsibilities.
- Inspire clients and co-workers through good work, good spirit, and excellent communication.
Who we are
Hydrant is a digital studio located in the Arts Warehouse District near downtown Tucson. We focus on web development, brand strategy, digital marketing, and finding the perfect burrito.
Our clients include nonprofit entities, consultants, wineries, consumer brands, and community conscious businesses. With Hydrant, you’ll get to apply your skills to help purpose-driven businesses grow and succeed.
We’re looking for a Full Stack Developer to join the team and it could be you.