Do Your Best Work – Building Brands That Matter
Hydrant is an experience studio located in downtown Tucson. We focus on brand, marketing and communications, and technology work for purpose-driven organizations. Also finding the perfect burrito.
Our dynamic team consists of dedicated experts who are Swiss Army knives of talent. We are designers, strategists, creators, marketers, and technologists who are eager to partner with you.
Our clients include nonprofits, consumer brands, and community-conscious businesses. We are a passionate group of strategy and design experts. Our work is done with a focus on achieving excellence, with a deep working knowledge of technology and thorough understanding of design systems and what it takes to manage and build an impactful brand. At Hydrant, you’ll certainly get to explore different strategies and innovate daily.
Who you are
The WordPress Developer is a front end developer who successfully delivers digital projects and website maintenance work in concert with the Hydrant team. This person should be an ambitious learner, willing to pick up the latest trends in technologies we use and contribute to our general knowledge bank. They’ll work with other developers to execute maintenance and coding for a variety of projects touching multiple clients. They should be geared for a fast paced environment and ready to pivot often.
- You’ve got 3+ years of experience working with WordPress websites and other front end technologies
- Expertise with WordPress, including custom theme and block development and an overall understanding of the WordPress core
- Proficiency with front end development, including SCSS
- As a plus, you’ve got experience with Shopify, Vue.js, and/or development ops
- You’re an adaptive contributor
- You are a collaborative project planner
- You don’t believe in resting on your laurels and easily tackle situations of ambiguity to figure out how to keep yourself and your work moving forward
- You work with your project team to understand, act, and deliver on next steps translated from product and client needs
- You’re eager to jump in on tasks to support your team as needed
- You want to constantly improve client service, business, and development practices in yourself and your team
What you’ll do
Take on various development-related tasks, to support different processes and needs on assigned projects
Objectively explain and represent your contributions and deliverables to your team and clients
Clearly communicate with your project team to make sure they have full context of your work and that you have the same of theirs, jumping in on other tasks as needed
Collaborate directly every day with designers, developers, strategists, and clients
What We Offer
Hydrant offers competitive benefits and compensation including health and dental insurance
Flexible work schedules
Remote work-from-home or coworking at our downtown Tucson location
A dynamic environment filled with projects for purpose-driven organizations and companies
Collaborative team to learn and grow with